Monday 11 April 2022

Rarely A Straight Line

People always wish for the linear process, if I do step a, step b, step c then everything will be better.
But thats hardly ever how it actually works 

This week has been full of ups and downs, the usual slightly manic feeling of my work life where I sleep where and when I can, trying so hard to have a social life on top of it all, and still processing exactly how I feel about so many things. 

Today I just feel sad, like the brief bursts of feeling okay and the joys of things are just wearing off too quickly in the face of the exhaustion and sadness. 
It was never going to be easy to just flick a switch and stop hurting, because healing is a winding path that sometimes loops back on itself.  But for today, it hurts all over again. 

And that just has to be okay, I'll embrace the sadness for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment